Strawberries are a wonderful fruit selection to have. The sheer versatility of this fruit is long been recognized. We use them in many fashions but I bet you did not know how truly supreme they can be to your health.
Come explore with us 7 things about Strawberries that you might not have ever known.
- Strawberries are an antioxidant to the body. Like most berries that are high in vitamin C and tons of antioxidants, but did you know that by adding Strawberries to Rum, Vodka, or Tequila actually increases the antioxidant levels of Strawberries? Obviously not for young children but a nice healthy addition to an adult drink. So bring on the Strawberry Margaritas!
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries can be a wonderful healthy desert. Not only are they healthy but they are an extremely romantic way to present romance. The secret is using Dark Chocolate as it holds many antioxidants just like Strawberries. If you want an easy, healthy, and delicious desert try some Chocolate dipped Strawberries.
- Strawberries are high in Potassium and produce a certain amount of Folate that has been shown in studies to help delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Since Strawberries tend to mold quickly one trick is to not wash them before refrigerating. The water promoters mildew and will make them go bad a little faster.
- There are over 600 varieties of Strawberries that come in all different colors and sizes. Most common is the red berry with small yellow seeds and a green stem.
- Strawberries are typically shaped like a heart and oddly promote good heart health with the vitamins inside.
- Eight Strawberries hold more Vitamin C than an Orange. You can actually get a full daily value of Vitamin C from just 8 Strawberries.
Enjoy Strawberries And The Wonderful Benefits:
Now you have many reasons to enjoy Strawberries and the wonderful benefits. There are so many ways to eat them and enjoy them that are delightfully delicious and full of health. Between this and chocolate I am in heaven!